Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rwd is what real rc drifting is.

During busy school days i get my relief by driving my sakura d3 rc car.
The car is getting better and better, and soare my driving skills.
Over the pas month some new parts where designed and build for the car, mostly steering components to improve handling.
here is the right steering arm, which is 3d printed in green, and enables the wheel to get more lock, but there is still room for iprovement
a green "achslenkel", stering hub, is a heavy duty design, shock clearance is les than a mm at full lock

Ackermann isn't bad at all.

This is the type of wheels i use, 5mm offset, "gangster steelies" with a 15mm lip

Deepdish is my style
The car runs superbly, looks ok, and is fast, now running hpi t drifts allround. these tyres give me enough grip to keep up with awd guys on all surfaces.
Hopefully this will become the first competitive rwd drift car, and even with no gyro.

Some indoor clips below:

No comments:

Post a Comment